The growing popularity of Nomination Charms made it necessary to show how to fit a charm to your bracelet. Admittedly we've had more than a little practice, but that's all it takes to master the fitting. However, if you're really stuck a fitting tool can be bought to give you an extra helping hand!
Step-by-step instructions on how to fit a Nomination Charm
- Choose the link you will replace with your charm.
- Pull the bracelet apart so that your thumb can fit into the right-hand side of the link you are removing.
- Trap your thumb to stop the link closing.
- You should now be able to ‘unhook’ the bracelet.
- Pull the link you are removing across. This will help open the link immediately to the right.
- Again trap your thumb to the right-hand side of this neighbouring link. Keep your thumb trapped.
- ‘Unhook’ the link to be removed, but keep your thumb trapped.
- Pick up the charm and hook it to the exposed link your thumb is holding.
- Use the design on the charm to ‘grip’ and open up the link.
- Now hook the bracelet back together again.
DO NOT use screwdrivers, knives or anything metal to help. This may damage your links.
Practice, practice, practice!